Eleven locations will provide guided tours for hikers of all skill levels.
Vermont State Parks is hosting a several guided First Day Hikes on January 1st around the state. If you've been curious about winter recreation, or you're practically a polar bear. The list of the locations is below and you can learn more at their blog site.
- Bartlett Mountain Loop, Willoughby State Forest
- Big Deer Mountain, Groton State Forest
- Bomoseen State Park
- Button Bay State Park
- Butler Lodge, Mount Mansfield State Forest
- Colchester Causeway
- Happy Hill Shelter on the Appalachian Trail
- Millstone Trails, Barre Town Forest
- Owl’s Head Mountain, Groton State Forest
- Round Pond State Park
- Spruce Mountain, LR Jones State Forest